BENEFITS OF YOGA
Yoga is a healing system of theory and practice developed in India thousands of years ago. As the practice evolves, it continues to bring together physical and mental disciplines to help you achieve vitality and peace in your body, mind and spirit,
The benefits of yoga are numerous and varied. Among them are:
- Reduced Stress. Studies have shown that yoga helps reduce stress and anxiety. It can also enhance your mood and overall sense of well-being. You leave a yoga class feeling less stressed than when you started.
- Improved Fitness. Practicing yoga improves balance, flexibility, posture and strength, and makes you more aware of your body. This means you're less likely to injure yourself in other physical endeavors or daily activities.
- Improved Muscle Tone. As a by-product of getting stronger, you can expect to see increased muscle tone. Yoga helps shape long, lean muscles.
- Prevention and Management of Chronic Conditions. Yoga helps reduce risk factors for chronic diseases, such as heart disease and high blood pressure. Yoga has also been shown to help alleviate depression, pain, anxiety and insomnia.
- In a Nutshell. Yoga makes us feel good. It makes us look good. It helps us make healthy decisions and brings us into connection with a community.
- Bob Marley. Listing the benefits of yoga is like listing the benefits of music. As Bob Marley wrote, "Who feels it, knows it."