Salmon Roasted in Butter
This recipe came from my NY Times cooking app. Use less butter if you like. It's still delicious!
- 4 Tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter
- 4 Tablespoons minced dill, parsley or chervil
- 1 salmon fillet, 1-1/2 to 2 lbs
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Lemon wedges
- Preheat the oven to 475. Place the butter and half the herbs in a roasting pan just large enough to fit the salmon, and place it in the oven. Heat about 5 minutes, until the butter melts and the herbs begins to sizzle.
- Add the salmon to the pan, skin side up. Roast 4 minutes. Remove from the oven, then peel the skin off. (If the skin doesn't lift right off, cook 2 minutes longer.) Sprinkle with salt and pepper and turn the fillet over. Sprinkle with salt and pepper again.
- Roast 3-5 minutes longer, depending on the thickness of the fillet and the degree of doneness you prefer. Cut into serving portions, spoon a little butter over each, and garnish with the remaining herbs. Serve with lemon wedges.