Grilled Grouper with Cantaloupe-Lime Salsa
A family favorite from Bon Appetit. Combine honeydew and cantaloupe as pictured for more color. Tastes great served with rice pilaf sugar snap peas.
- 1 medium cantaloupe, seeded and cubed (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 Tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1-1/2 to 2 lbs grouper fillets or other firm whitefish
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- Prepare a charcoal or gas grill (medium-high heat) or preheat broiler.
- Mix first 6 ingredients (melon to pepper) in a nonaluminum bowl. Season to taste with salt. Let stand at room temperature 15 minutes or refrigerate up to 2 hours.
- Brush fish with oil and season with salt & pepper. Grill until just cooked through, about 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer to plates and spoon salsa over. Serve immediately.